The history of the Village began with Bethel Home for Aged, founded in 1926 in Newton, KS, the first retirement home in Harvey County. Bethel Home was the result of the vision and dedicated effort of a group of Christian men and women.
In 1991, residents of Bethel Home moved to the new Bethel Health Care Center at Kidron Bethel Village. Kidron Bethel Village actually began in 1982 when the Kidron Inc. subsidized rental project was opened in North Newton. From 1988 to 1996, the community grew as apartments and townhouses were constructed on the beautifully landscaped 27-acre campus.
Suderman Center for Assisted Living opened in 2003, expanding the continuum of residential, care, and service options. The physical, occupational, and speech therapy department and a beauty shop are located in the assisted living neighborhood.
Today, Kidron’s main building includes the administrative offices, North Newton Wellness Center, Harvest Table dining room, Menno Hall chapel and Midland National Bank branch.
In 2012, Bluestem Communities was formed and became the parent organization of Kidron Bethel Village and Schowalter Villa as they merged.
Currently, approximately 300 residents enjoy life in the Kidron Bethel retirement community in North Newton, KS, and take advantage of opportunities for social, spiritual, wellness, and educational enrichment.
We invite you to come become a part of this new and colorful history we continue to make each day in our community!